Log Entry 001

An Autobiographical Log 

Sitting at my desk, thinking of a way to be more productive today than what I had originally intended to be this morning, mainly because I was bored and needed to write something, anything! 

"Alas, it was due to this reason that I am writing this, but none the less, whatever the motive may be, it is always a good reason to write."

"In school you learn that most works of writing have a motive behind them; my motive is simply to share bits and pieces of my life, pieces that I hope might be of inspiration to others, pieces that I hope might bring a life lesson both for me, and for my readers. So - by all means, my dear readers - think of my logs as bits and pieces of an autobiographical novel whose pages never cease to increase in number, for I do not know yet whom I shall pass the responsibility of writing fresh logs to; but rest assured that because I believe this is important work, it will be a vital bit of information within my Will at the end of my life. Until such time, I shall be writing logs on my own blog."

"I am of the opinion that writing down certain events in one's life may be a means of both, expressing one's emotions, and of an outlet for these emotions. As humans we are not perfect, and therefore we never realize just how important a vent could be. Writing, and some other creative hobbies, are my vents." 

"By now, I'm sure you're beginning to wonder why I have separated the above three paragraphs with quotation marks, but not the first sentence of this log. As this is the first log in my series, I will explain:
The quotation marks will represent my dialog, and every message I might want to convey in that particular log entry forms part of the dialog. Everything that is not in quotations is either fiction, or nonfiction depending upon the scene I had in mind, but may be irrelevant all the same.
For example, I might decide to be on the beach one day, while wanting to convey a message to my readers. The beach, the description of the beach, and the men and women in bathing suits on the beach, along with similar details will be part of the fictional side of my log; but the actual message will be in quotation marks."

I had to give my computer a hard stare as I was thinking about the next few paragraphs I wanted to enter - a 'HP 15' laptop that was colored black, with the bottom half glossy to a degree, just glossy enough to create a reflection, but not so that you could label it a mirror; I do all my work on this computer.


Author's photo
"Sure, I might not be the most attractive author out there; however, I do posses an open mind, and a multicultural background from having travelled in my home country, South Africa, and abroad. As a wise man once said: 'Throughout a writer's career it will be the experiences of the author that shall act as his/her sword excalibur, in a fight to conceive the next scenario within a novel, play, or poem. Let those experiences manifest the emotions used throughout a work, and make clear the message one would like to convey.' It may yet come as a surprise to you that I... am that wise man, not to toot my own horn.
And now, enough about my opinions on writing. I'm sure that everyone has such opinions about their own art work."

Having made me a fresh cup of coffee, I sat down at the kitchen table and sipped. As it is a cold day in Belgium, Europe, a coffee proved just what I needed. Staring out the window, I cannot help but wonder when the next snowflake will fall, when shall the earth be covered in white again, as it did a couple of days earlier. Perhaps soon, I will be able to take my little brother outside to build a snowman.

"I am not usually one to like the cold, but I am someone who loves snow solely for it's beauty, and creative properties. If snow didn't melt because of the warm sun I would gladly stay outside making igloos, whiles dressed in shorts and being shirtless, as if it were a very warm day on the beaches of Costa Rica, Central America. But I shall have no such luxury."

"There are a lot of upsides to living in Europe, but even so, I cannot help but wish that I was somewhere else, perhaps off on an adventure, with my friends in the United States, or with my grandparents in the Karoo of South Africa. As Christmas approaches there is a chance that they might all want to spend time with me, as I them; but as a result of having such a globalized family, and friends, I'm always torn in four.
You see - my readers - as I have come to realize from my experiences, of which I shall share later in my Blog, distance is like table salt in the sense that we tend to try and put just the right amount over our eggs in the morning; overdosing, and drowning our eggs in salt is not the most pleasant thing that could happen. Even though spilling the salt onto our eggs might be a rare accident, some choose to throw away the food rather than endure, whiles others do their best to eat everything on their plate. We are all different, and how you approach the situation may vary from mine. The trick to surviving long distance is to approach the situation with an openmind; like keeping in mind that others are starving whiles you're complaining about a little spilt salt on your eggs. At the same time, if the other party is the one to want to leave, keep an open mind as to why they might want to leave, and remember that everyone might approach the situation differently. For some, staying might be more difficult than for others. And overdosing on long distance may be the deciding factor, which is the reason I compare it to table salt. As the saying goes 'distance makes the heart grow fonder' that is as long as we are not unfortunate enough to experience an overdose of time spent away."


Log Entry 001



     

Comments